Restauração da Igreja de Vézelay;
Início da restauração da Catedral de Notre Dame (1841) em Paris, na França.
In 1876, the well known French architect Eugène Emmanuel Viollet-le-Duc, in Lausanne for the renovation of the cathedral, also drew up the plans of our Scots Kirk. It is the only new church that he planned outside of France. His design was influenced by the British neo-gothic style, including the pews, chairs, pulpit and Communion Table. The interior roof design with its exposed beams is typically English in conception and very unusual in Switzerland. The French influence can be detected in the high pitched roof with its row of clerestory windows. The construction was directed by a local architect, Jules Verrey, a specialist in church buildings. The Scots Kirk was formally dedicated on 12th April 1877.